Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 13 and 14

Can you even believe its been two weeks? Today, I can- if you would have asked me yesterday it was easy-breezy!  Today, was rough! Ok, lots to say today so let me do my food real quick. I had family in town so lots of non-paleo mouths to feed including: my sweet, baby niece Aspen.

breakfast-
Paleo pancakes
Mixed fruit
Snack-
mixed fruit
Lunch-
leftover spaghetti stuff
Dinner (by Reeds parents pool)-
Sausage and guac
mixed fruit
Snack-
cereal with 1/2 banana

breakfast-
frittata and sausage
snack-
apple and some brisket
lunch-
burger with guac, lettuce, tomato, and onion 
green beans
***Pause. Reeds parents had 5 desserts (banana pudding pie, peach cobbler, blackberry cobbler, chocolate on chocolate cake and ice cream) at their house today and chips and cheese dip with Rotel. Normally we would gorge ourselves on all of this. I am telling you we seriously struggled today. I came home in a bad mood with a headache and I think it was because I was straining so hard not to cheat. We both made it through but it could have been our toughest yet.***
Dinner- 
lunch was late so watermelon and a smoothie

Reed made a Paleo frappacino today for all of you that care about coffee. I tasted it and its not bad at all and I loathe coffee. 
1/2 banana
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup coffee
1/4 tsp vanilla
ICE

Ok, men tune out of the rest of this if you do not wish to know anything about sports bras. I care about this because I spent MANY a year in a "real" bra and 3 sports bras. I used to run with Reed and cry (yes, for real) about how I couldnt breathe and it didnt matter I still hurt. Reed bought me a sports bra from Luke's Locker on Valentine's one year and I could not believe the difference it made. I am not kidding, I literally cried when I put it on, jumped up and down and didnt feel a thing. Hmmm, I cry a lot huh? I did full on gymnastics in high school by taping my breasts down then putting a sports bra on top then my leotard. I know so many women struggle with finding the "right one" and since this blog focuses on health I found this to be a vital part. I feel no shame in telling you I am a 34 DD and I can Crossfit, powerlift, run, and do cartwheels because of this bra and a little determination. My brother now works for Luke's Locker in the Woodlands and he gave me to top 5 sports bras.
Fiona

1. Moving Comfort- Fiona (this is mine)
2. Moving Comfort- Juno
3. Moving Comfort- Maia
4. Nike- Victory Compression
5. Enell Sports Bra

He also says women are raving about the Lululemon racer back tanks but, I can't do a tank alone. Also, Lululemon Tata Tamer. Check them out and see if they make a difference in your workouts! Good luck!

Tomorrow I will have posts about feeding your Cave Kids! Although I do not have children I find this comes up a lot. You don't want to make food just for yourself and you do not want to feed your kids crap all the time either. I hope this is just a jumping off point for those of you with kiddos. Stay tuned tomorrow as I will research tonight. Consider it your 4th of July gift! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment