Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 22 and 23

Its official- I have one week left! Did you just clap out loud too? So, Reed and I were turned on to a documentary (OK, 1. We LOVE documentaries. 2. Thank you Devon Hood) called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It was about juicing and how fruits and vegetables can save our lives; which I totally believe! Check it out. While we were watching it we noticed that most of the people on the fast talked about temptation and people who were not interested in the fast were this way because they felt they could not stay away from the foods they are addicted to. I want to express to you that I do not live in a bubble all alone with my Paleo food. My home kitchen is cleaned out but I live in the real world with real temptations. Besides the fact that there is fast food on every street corner that I could stop at and no one would ever know; I must face that fact that my wonderful company keeps the kitchen fully stocked with goodies! Is this what you experience too?











My trick is to always bring my lunch and when I choose to eat out with some company friends I make a point to ask if a Paleo friendly place is acceptable to them. Tuesday we ate at Kincaid's Burgers and I was able to order a burger with bacon and all veggies and a whole pickle on the side. I had unsweet tea with lemon as a drink and all was right with the world. The point is not to be perfect, the point is to strive for it. Like I said in an earlier post- I will eat cake and bread again. I just will not do it everyday or even once a week. I am hoping that I have made enough wonderful Paleo items that I can choose them or even a new recipe over pizza and soda. I do not promise it is easy but I promise you will learn a lot and come out better on the other side. PS- you will do a lot of dishes! :)

Breakfast:
protein shake
Snack:
cashews and carrots
Lunch:
Kincaid's Burgers
Snack:
Apple
Dinner:
Almond and coconut crusted chicken and roasted vegetables with bacon.
1 lb chicken
Dip the chicken in coconut milk
Almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon mixed up on your cutting board or flat surface
Coat the chicken with the dry mix and then bake
I know cinnamon seems odd on chicken but it was actually very tasty
Dessert:
frozen fruit pureed with coconut milk- this rocked!

Breakfast:
protein shake
Snack:
Cashews
Lunch:
leftover coconut almond chicken and steamed veggies
Snack:
A bank brought us some fresh fruit that I nibbled on a bit
Dinner:
Reed made a frittata- I had 2 eggs, bacon and canadian bacon. I was STUFFED!
Dessert:
Banana nut bread- it turned out very good actually! Here is the link:

http://www.freefitguy.com/2011/01/12/quick-easy-recipes-the-best-paleo-banana-nut-bread-ever/

Remember to spend sometime alone with yourself today! Stay kind...

No comments:

Post a Comment