Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 12

Hey guys! Ok, let me start off by saying that I have noticed that I wake up before my alarm goes off and I feel great in the morning. It has only been 3 days of that and only 12 days of eating clean but I do see a correlation. My moods are very balanced. There are no big up or down shifts throughout the day and I think that is something major people deal with when they reduce their carbs and sugars. Speaking of that, I Googled "sugar withdrawals" and you would not believe how many websites are dedicated to helping people and educating them on what to expect when withdrawing from sugar and the likes.
While reading I saw that most people experienced extreme headaches and tiredness. Although I felt this on many diets before, I cannot say that I have had concurring days of headaches or sleepiness. I am not saying "my way is the only way or the best way" I am simply stating that has not been my experience. I think it is because I have allowed natural sugars like fruits and honey to be entered. I try to eat them sparingly but looking at my previous posts you will see I love my fruit. How do you feel when you take out the sugar? One friend said she is crabby and moody but is very early into her clean journey. I told her to see if it continues or eat a banana (lots of sugar) and see if she feels better. That way she can bring in natural sugars (lower in glycemic index than a banana) but you get the idea.

Breakfast:
Protein shake
Snack:
Protein ball (recipe to follow) and a boiled egg, what a combo!
Lunch:
Salad from Freebirds with lettuce, tomato, salsa, guac, chicken, and veggies. It was just so-so. Nothing to write home about
Snack:
Apple
After workout:
Protein shake
Dinner:
Turkey Spaghetti with squash and zucchini noodles. Ok, the pasta sauce is high in sugar so I used half the jar and got the one with the lowest sugar I could find. I will research making my own next time but let me say this was, by far, our favorite meal yet!




Protein balls (Reed raves about these)- take 4-6 pitted prunes and put them in your food processor until it makes a paste ish substance then take 1 Cup almond (can use chopped, sliced, or almond meal) and 1/2 walnuts and hit that with the processor, next 2 TBLS coconut oil, and I put about 1 TSP honey and mix it all together. I then diced strawberries and dumped out my pastey mixture on top of them. I started rolling them into little balls. The first batch I put my avocado chocolate pudding on and then rolled them in coconut shreds. The second batch no pudding, just shreds. Next time I will experiment with apples or bananas. Come over, have some! *Recipe from Nomnompaleo.com


I bought a Julienne peeler from Bed Bath and Beyond today with a wedding gift card. It is in the dishwasher- picture to follow. I peeled the zucchini and squash with it and it makes noodles. I am not kidding. No cutting or dicing. This thing does the work for you. Popped it in a microwave safe bowl with a little EVOO and garlic salt and voila! Noodles! *Also form Nomnompaleo.com- told you she was the shiz!

Reed and I rocked a Crossfit workout that included Muscle Ups, 165 (his was much more weight) lbs deadlifts, and burpees tonight and felt great. Now I am just waiting (in my clean house) on my sweet baby niece to get here. Have a wonderful Friday evening/Saturday morning. This weekend I will have information on the perfect sports bra (sorry guys) and the best homemade ice pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment