Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 24-27

Did you miss me? It has been several days, I know but I have been feeling like the blog is homework and I just didnt want to do it! Sorry! OK, a lot has happened. Ill catch you up. My boss was in the hospital Monday evening through Thursday. She had a kidney infection and kidney stone. Needless to say, work has been hectic, like crazy. She is much better now, however, we got news that her mother is passing away in Ohio so she flew out on Friday and I am not sure exactly when she will be back. Please send your thoughts and prayers her way. I missed my Karolyi reunion this weekend in Houston because I was completely overwhelmed with work and I knew that I would feel as though I worked all weekend if I drove there and came back in a matter of 48 hours. So here is the food list- BTW I have been eating REALLY well.

Thursday
Breakfast:
protein shake
Snack:
boiled egg and trail mix
Lunch:
Chipotle salad with steak, pico, salsa, and guac
Snack:
apple
Dinner:
Post yoga- I had eggs, canadian bacon, and bacon. No veggies lol!

Friday
Breakfast:
Protein shake
Snack:
boiled egg
Lunch:
I didnt want the salad I brought so I took everything I had from the company fridge and made a random lunch- carrots, boiled egg, strawberries, and 2 protein rounds.
Snack:
Ran a 5K at the gym then had an apple
Dinner:
We had people over for orange chicken and cauliflower fried rice. I put too much pepper in the fried rice but I will learn next time. The chicken was not syrupy- it was super orange so be prepared but I loved it! I also made a 2 layer chocolate cake and it was pretty good.

Orange chicken:
http://www.health-bent.com/proteins/paleo-orange-chicken











Cauliflower fried rice
http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3195098303/asian-cauliflower-fried-rice

Chocolate cake
Yep, that one's mine!

http://hyperbolicdiet.tumblr.com/post/3477194284/paleo-recipe-dark-chocolate-coconut-cake

Saturday

Breakfast:


I LOVED making a big breakfast after a short walk this morning! Eggs, bacon, roasted veggies, and mixed fruit.
Snack:
Fruit
Lunch:
Protein shake on the run
Dinner:
We went to dinner for a dear friends surprise birthday at Cantina Laredo. We had steak and chicken fajitas with veggies and guac.
I had some frozen fruit and coconut milk after because everyone was talking about ice cream at dinner.




Sunday
Breakfast:
Reed made Paleo pancakes
Lunch:
At Reeds parent- lettuce wraps with lunch meat, tomatoes, onions, and apples with strawberries.
Dinner:
Grilled pork chops and veggie kabobs (onion, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, and peppers)
Then I made strawberry muffins and completely over-indulged. I tried to use the excuse that I rowed 2 miles this morning but there is no excuse for eating 3 and 1/2 muffins. I still want more. **sigh**

Muffins
http://paleoperiodical.com/2011/05/04/recipe-strawberry-vanilla-almond-muffins/



OK, this blog deleted itself as soon as I was done with it last time so out of total defeat I have no words of wisdom this time. I am almost done! I am loving it though and I am not sure I want it to stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment