Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 17 and 18

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.  ~Newt Gingrich

Yesterday I quit Paleo. I cursed it and Crossfit and everyone I know (yep, even you). I was so sick of reading success stories and hearing how excited everyone was. Man, it sounds stupid when I actually say it out loud. I started this to inspire and motivate my friends and family and now that people are motivated I wanna quit. WTH right? So, honestly, I have not seen the scale move an ounce- I bet you think I am kidding. Everyone is saying they are seeing results in me but having a history of body image issues is keeping me from appreciating such subtle changes. I didn't go to Crossfit; I came home to throw myself a pity party. Do you just love those? Well, it was my turn. Reed came home too and he said, "You just wanna order a pizza?" I shook my head up and down as my heart sank. I couldn't very well type the word pizza with shaking hands onto this blog. So, I didn't. I didn't cheat either. I grit my teeth and I made dinner. It is hard sometimes but man, I wasn't sick all night from pizza.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.  ~Author Unknown

Breakfast:
leftover smoothie with some protein powder
Snack:
cashews and boiled egg
Lunch:
Company ordered Pappasitos for monthly birthday lunches. I had chicken, guac, pico, and salsa on a bed of lettuce. Because I was cursing Paleo let me pause to say chips and queso are "my thing." I could out eat your husband on some chips and queso. So I watched, feeling sorry for myself. All the while I am guessing the people at work were wishing they had will power to stop eating them lol.
Snack:
apple
Dinner:
I made squash and zucchini noodles (hot) with cherry tomatoes (cold) and baked tilapia with almond meal crust and salt-free Mrs. Dash spices.
Dessert:
Ok, I tried to make brownies but the recipe called for coconut cream and I didn't have that. Everything I looked up on the internet said do not think that coconut milk is a good substitute for coconut cream... So, I used coconut milk because thats all I had :). Yep, they smelled amazing but they were not all that great. When I perfect them I will put the recipe up.

Breakfast:
cereal no fruit
Snack:
baby carrots and boiled egg
Lunch:
Mi Cocina salad no tortilla strips and no cheese. Say what you want about my addiction to this salad but you haven't lived until you have had a Mico Rico.
Dinner:
salad with ham, egg, bacon, and avocado. I was not in the mood so I only ate half.
Dessert:
I made the cinnamon apple cookies from Civilized Caveman on the nomnom blog. You can look up either of these for directions but...

preheat over to 350
2 apples peeled and cored
2 cups sliced almonds
2 tsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
pinch of salt
2 eggs beaten lightly

shred apples in processor and remove
pulse almond, cinnamon, oil, and vanilla
combine all into bowl and mix
make into cookies and cook 25-30 min

We found these to be more like granola bar flavored cookies, but if you are trying to sell your home I say bake these before your open house! They smell AMAZING! They were good and I had two! I cut up some watermelon that I will enjoy throughout the week

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.  ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Off to the garage to row 1000M for time, 100 pull ups for time, then easy 1000M row. Have a wonderful night and when you feel like giving up just know everyone feels that way every once in a while. Feel free to call me if you wanna cry or vent :)!

New polls out about obesity:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43670705/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/?GT1=43001


Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use.  ~Earl Nightingale
Got only 68 pull ups and go these- they are really much worse than they appear!

No comments:

Post a Comment