Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 21 and 22

Wow! We have made it 3 full weeks! I have never, ever stuck to an eating plan for this long and I feel great just to have accomplished this. We had a wonderful lazy Sunday- don't you just love those? I have researched some treats and, just for the love of my life, I made Paleo Reese's and ice cream!

Reese's
Melt 1/2 the chocolate (as close to 100% cocoa as possible). We found some 100% cocoa at Wal Mart that has 0 grams of sugar and 60% which had about 20 grams in an entire bag. Let me tell you there is a large difference! The 100% is very bitter but its doable I suppose.
Pour the chocolate into an ice tray, fill up half way. Throw them into the freezer
Melt the rest of your chocolate while you are waiting for the ones in the freezer to set up or get hard
Take them out of the freezer and put almond butter on them and then pour the rest of the chocolate on top and throw everything into the freezer.
The 60% rocked but its not something we can enjoy all that often

Berry Ice Cream
1 cup frozen mixed fruit (huge bag at Wal Mart)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tbls cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla

Blend- makes a smooth, yummy treat! You can put less cocoa if you want a fruitier mix or more if you want it more chocolatey! Try it and play with it. Its wonderful!

Day 21
Breakfast:
Paleo pancakes
Lunch:
Ok, we took a long nap after church so when we woke up I snacked on an apple and some watermelon
Dinner:
Zucchini/squash spaghetti with turkey meat
Then I made some berry ice cream

Day 22
Breakfast:
Protein shake
Snack:
carrots and cashews
Lunch:
Salad with egg, bacon, and avocado
Snack:
Trail mix- peanuts, cashews, raisins and an apple
Dinner:
Leftover spaghetti and watermelon

I am going to get up and make some protein rounds (Reed doesn't want me to call them balls anymore). Any names for these? Rounds is the only thing I could come up with- super creative tonight! My hands are healing up just in time for Reed to get two rips tonight... the Bag Balm continues to be used in this house! We are focusing on finding balance in our lives. The balance between our love of all things food and our love of aesthetically pleasing bodies. The balance between our love of Crossfit and that of the rest of our lives. We are finding balance in our spiritual lives and emotional lives. Eating clean reminds me of all the cleaning I need to do figuratively in my life. Do you have any cob webs laying around? Have you forgotten to balance out a few parts of your life? Well, think about it and make an effort to find some balance. My advice: try some yoga- it forces you to be quiet and in touch with your body for an extended period of time. Hard to do but totally worth it! Stay healthy and happy!

http://www.oprah.com/home/Do-You-Feel-Balanced-Peter-Walsh-Quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment