Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 1



I have been doing some research on blogging and getting advice on how to go about starting this. Once I have it all set up I will send that out so that you can follow and not be plagued by my emails.

Lets start with Day 1 food:
Breakfast- protein shake with ½ banana and ¼ cup almond meal

Snack- 6 almonds

Lunch- spinach salad with ham, cucumbers, and tomatoes. I used Ranch on the salad today as I forgot my avocado and eggs so I thought I would need some fat.

I workout on my “lunch break” at work which usually consists of 30 minutes of elliptical or treadmill (walking/jogging), then some stretching and ab work. This is more to get out of the office than it is to be a workout. I love going to the gym in the middle of the workday. It makes my day go by much faster I feel; even if I just walk around our building for 30 minutes. I was pretty hungry before this workout but I held out.

Snack- 1/2 protein shake from the gym and ½ orange

I then went to Crossfit and did 5X5 heavy back squats and PR’d at 135 lbs. Then 100 wall balls at 14 lbs. No, this is not my favorite workout! J

Dinner- I tired something very new (to me anyhow). I took ground turkey, onions, tomatoes, ½ jalapeƱo, garlic salt and pepper, and stuffed green bell peppers with this mixture (after cooking/browning meat and veggies). Then I baked at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. We chopped up some avocados (they were SUPER hard at the store) and ate them along with it. I wish it could have been more like guac but I am telling you they were too hard! This was pretty good- I hate peppers and most vegetables so the fact that it was quite tasty was simply a bonus!

I do have pictures but- really the story is too long and boring to tell. I can’t figure out the hieroglyphics of symbols on my stupid phone to get from A to B. I will figure out a way to post them to the blog. We are also taking pictures tonight of ourselves; like I said before you lucky ducks you! Reed wants to be a part and I think it be nice for everyone to see the changes in male versus female. So, far I have been a little hungry which Reed says I am not eating enough. It will take me a while to get the fat to carb to protein ratio down for my liking and I am ok with that. I am not irritable or noticing any behavioral changes. I slept well and other than being sore from heavy squats I am ready to conquer Spain. Or whatever! Feel free to give me some suggestions or ask questions. I promise I will make the blog soon and post pics! I will also take measurements and keep track of that on Reed and I. I can already tell you I need to eat less fruit and more protein but c’mon apple/chicken/apple/chicken- apple please!


The website above is a very easy-to- read, short blurb on Paleo and what it’s about. I loved the avoid/ approved list.
“Our food should be our medicine, our medicine our food”. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment