Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 10

Let me start off by saying I forgot we had dessert last night. A whole apple sliced up with cinnamon and honey and baked. Reed and I decided this would be really good in the winter! I have also had some watermelon the last two days (one of my faves!) and I forgot to post.

Breakfast:
Cereal with strawberries. I have been asked about my cereal today. I make my own with sunflower seeds and sliced almonds (unsalted), unsweetened coconut shreds, a fruit, and coconut milk. This is my favorite coconut milk and a picture of the cereal. Its great- try it!


Snack:
1/2 avocado and a boiled egg
Lunch:
Salad with boiled egg (yep, tired of eggs today), tomatoes, and a vinaigrette dressing. That spelling doesn't look right but spell check keeps correcting it to that!
Snack:
Apple and some chocolate almond milk. Big thumbs down the the almond milk but eh, how would I know if I didn't try?!
Protein shake after Crossfit where I overhead squatted 105 lbs 8 times- just a highlight!
Dinner:
I was craving steak so I had a bacon wrapped filet and some asparagus. Wal-Mart has these filets pre-packaged. Probably not the best steak you have ever eaten but it was pretty good.

I made chocolate pudding tonight!

2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
2 TBLS coconut oil
1 TSP vanilla

This was pretty good, especially if you like dark chocolate. Do not dish out a whole lot because it is very rich. If you have some fresh berries (I didn't) I bet it would be a great addition on top. I put some coconut shavings on mine. I also mixed some strawberries, coconut milk, and a little honey in the blender and poured it into popsicle makers for a creamy treat during summer. I will let you know how those turn out later.

I was asked about high sugar fruit today and here is a list of the glycemic index on fruit.

http://www.southbeach-diet.info/low-carb-fruit.php



Stay kind to yourself. There was a lot to cover food-wise today but I want to cover some emotional/spiritual stuff tomorrow. Until then- chew on this!

Father, we are abundantly blessed with foods of all kinds, both vegetable and fruit, meat and bread.  Thank you for those who diligently work the land and reap the harvest that we might place food on our tables and be nurtured physically.  You make the grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate— bringing forth food from the earth.  All we have needed Your hand hath provided. Great is Your faithfulness, Lord, unto me.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment