Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 9

Work is a bit busy these days. This is really good for me but always makes me want to grab chocolate covered pretzels- what the heck right? I felt really good today and I have been drinking tons of water. It is hot after all.

Breakfast:
Cereal with strawberries
Snack:
boiled egg and 1/2 avacado (this filled me right up, surprisingly)
Lunch:
Mi Cocina salad again- no tortilla strips and this time no cheese!
Snack:
Apple
Dinner:
Marinated Caribbean Chicken and kabobs with onions and peppers. Pretty good considering its vegetables lol! I put some garlic salt on them.


I started to wonder why I am doing this today and I had two phone calls right off the bat. A very good friend called to tell me she had changed the way she is eating and has felt changes immediately. I am so excited for her- I cannot explain how awesome it is to know she likes the way she is feeling. We got another phone call from a family member that said they were going to start following the blog too. I am actually starting to perk up and understand why I am doing this. This is NOT a DIET! I will eventually eat cake and pizza again- I will just pick times to do it. I want to indulge in food when I am celebrating. I don't want everyone to think I will continue being this strict for the rest of my life. I am doing a very strict 30 days to wean myself from processed foods. I want to prove to myself that I can survive and thrive on good, healthy foods. Do not think of this as some quick fix or something you will do for a while and then return to your old ways. It is not that. This is a way to taste new foods and treat your body right. Be kind to yourself because no one else will! This is why I do this! Who wouldnt want these people around them as long as possible?!

No comments:

Post a Comment