Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 5, Day 6, and Day 7 complete Week 1!!



Ok so week 1 is over and I have a lot to cover so I won’t be writing very much about how I feel; however, I thought it should be noted that Reed has been asking me a lot why I am being so quiet or if something is wrong so I feel that I am being a bit standoffish. Reed told me this morning that weaning off of processed foods and carbs can put you in a funk for two full weeks. I don’t feel bad; I suppose I am just being quiet. Anyhow, there is that.

Day 5
Breakfast- cereal with ½ banana and blueberries
Snack- apple
Lunch- leftover pork chops (yummy), tons of broccoli, and a boiled egg
Snack- protein shake right before Crossfit made me a little queasy
Dinner- Rico Salad (Mi Cocina). So, I told the chips and salsa guy not to put chips on the table immediately, I had water with lemons, and explained that my salad cannot have tortilla strips. I was feeling so good about myself and I was swollen with pride when I was down to my last 3 bites and Reed said we forgot about the cheese. DANG IT! I have failed you, I cheated.
After date snack- pina colada with coconut milk, pineapples, and ½ banana- pretty rockin’!

Day 6
Breakfast- protein shake
Lunch- Chilis side salad (no croutons or cheese lol), marinated grilled chicken, garlic and lime shrimp, and broccoli. Reed and I shared a meal together. It was more than enough food with the side salads.
Snack- Watermelon poolside at Reed’s parents
Dinner- my sisters 21st birthday! Joe T Garcia’s. I had Steak fajita meat and veggies. I ATE IT ALL!
Snack- we did pina coladas again because I was very upset watching everyone else have margaritas (all time favorite)

Day 7
Breakfast- we made Paleo pancakes- 2 cups almond meal, 2 cups coconut meal, 4 eggs, 1 TBLS cinnamon, 1 TBLS vanilla, cook. Some people like fruit toppings, some like honey (YUCK), we like sugar free maple syrup.
Lunch- ½ apple, ½ banana, ½ orange, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds on top
Dinner- Frittata with leftover Joe T Garcias meat, broccoli, onions, carrots, and eggs. We ate with salsa and avocados.
I was still very hungry so I made a protein shake and later ate cereal with blueberries. I felt like a heifer but I was full J

I hope you guys have a great week! It’s a holiday weekend and I get to see my brother, his new wife, and my baby niece this weekend. Look for lots of grilling and summer time food!

No comments:

Post a Comment